Communities Unlimited offers loans with terms up to 15 years for small, rural community water/wastewater projects. Loans enable rural communities to make the necessary repairs and improvements needed to maintain an uninterrupted supply of safe drinking water and wastewater disposal for their customers.
Loans can be used to:
- Meet compliance requirements for public drinking water and wastewater regulations
- Improve public health and system security
- Extend service to new customers
- Create opportunities for economic development
- Conduct pre-development activities that allow systems to qualify for longer-term financing
Flexible products meet your community’s needs including:
- Pre-development loans
- Interim financing
- Construction loans
- System improvements
- Equipment loans
Who is eligible?
Loans are made to nonprofit corporations or local governments who:
- Serve a significant number of low-income customers
- Are in qualifying rural communities
- Can repay the loan with system revenues
- Can provide evidence of permanent take-out financing
Where we work
Communities Unlimited serves a seven state area shown in the map and is the Southern Partner for the Rural Community Assistance Program (RCAP), a national network of six organizations that provide technical assistance and loans to small community water and waste water systems. Through our RCAP partnership, Communities Unlimited can provide loans nationwide.
For more Information or to apply